Wednesday, August 15, 2007

home, sweet home



After 30 short hours of travel, I am back in San Francisco through Labor Day. San Francisco, where the streets are gloriously bovine-free, where there is blue sky and no monsoon, where everything is so very, very, very clean and tidy and not covered with rubble, where people drive on the right (as in correct, but also as in right) side of the street, where the knives are sharp, where the tap water is potable, where burritos exist...



...and where tofu costs 99 effing cents, just as god always intended it to.



Then again, what is one of the few things I bought just now at the store? Mangoes. (Pssst...they have those in India.)

In completely unrelated news, I am looking forward to a run/walk tomorrow because I have this crazzzazy idea that I should race walk the Portland marathon again this year (October 7), despite the fact that I have not been doing any of that, whatchamacallit, oh yeah training. Surely that will help me in my quest to shave 20 minutes off last year's time. Right? Help me out here, people.

5 comments:

Case said...

please please please bring a sharp knife back with you. I have had to resort to cutting onions with a spoon.

Rich said...

It's enough to make you cry...

Case said...

we drove on the right side of the rode plenty on the way home today. traffic rules here are merely suggestions, it seems.

Anonymous said...

I can just see it now....trying to explain a knife in your suitcase. Fun.

Besides, a sharp knife would take all the sport out of the onion cutting.

Miss Karen said...

Have fun, Other K. Yahoo!