Here is the event-name-appropriate view on the way to the race:
Did I mention that maybe I should have paid attention to the fact that this was not an ordinary, flat-streets-of-a-city type race, but rather a steep, rocky trail run with 2,200 ft of elevation change?
The vistas were admittedly lovely, when you could see them through the tears of pain and despair:
I did finish and all, but it took 3 1/2 freakin' hours (about an hour longer than it took me to do the Seattle Half Marathon just four months ago).
Anyhoo. Not my finest moment, but I did use it to justify eating a burrito afterwards. Speaking of food, someone please tell me why I thought paying $10 for three pints of gorgeous organic strawberries at the farmer's market on Thursday was a good idea.
In better news, I was uninvited to a meeting Monday morning that would have required arriving at work at 7:30 a.m. on a day where I have calls scheduled until 10:45 at night. Sometimes it's good not to be a big shot.
4 comments:
If your concern over your self-image is truly that serious, then I could probably help turn that boatload into a half boatload. :)
Stu--I cut the strawberry-banana cake into quarters and froze three of them. You may expect one of them on your desk on Monday.
Unfortunately the ice cream probably won't travel quite as well on MUNI.
Stu got here first, but I also volunteer to "help out" with the organic strawberries, if there are any left.
If it helps at all, and I have no idea how or why it would, I have become a depressed out-of-shape middle-aged lady with no help at all from India.
Post a Comment