Sunday, April 06, 2008

living in color

Today we got all ambitious and painted the kitchen and entryway. I have learned several things today:

1. If No One Will Ever See It, You Do Not Need To Paint It.

2. Do not tell yourself, "Oh, I don't need to mask that bit; I will just be very careful." Because you do, and you won't.

3. Do not assume that mango will easily cover sage green.

4. The time you save by loading a little extra paint on your brush will always be canceled out by the time it will take you to clean up the paint splatters on your baseboards or floor.

Kitchen before:

Kitchen after:
Very green entryway:

And also I rearranged my cookbooks again. Because I am super dorky.

2 comments:

Case said...

the first two pictures in sequence make it look like you leapt out the window.

Alex said...

If I ever live somewhere other than the shitty apartment I live in now, I'm hiring you and James to do the interior decorating work.